xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Exposure: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare's Macbeth

Exposure: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare's Macbeth - Kim Askew, Amy Helmes MEMORABLE QUOTE: "When I develop pictures in a darkroom, it's almost like painting with light." (p. 21)

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Unfortunately, I have never read Macbeth, so I cannot compare this story to that at all. I was looking forward to reading this as I enjoyed Askew and Helmes' first book, Tempestuous. This one sort of similar, but I didn't like it as much. The last third or so of the book is definitely the best part. I feel like the beginning could have used a little bit more involvement, maybe Skye could have done more to try and find out what had happened on that night at the party, but it was very slow moving.

CHARACTERS: I had a hard time connecting with the characters. I feel like Skye, the main character, didn't really do much except for whine to herself inside her head. I just feel like she is very naive, and she doesn't change very much throughout the course of the book.

COVER: The cover is okay, there's not really much to it. I like the crown, it's cute.

*I received a finished copy of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.