xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - April Genevieve Tucholke OVERALL IMPRESSION: I was a little confused while reading this. While I was reading the story, I understood what was going on, but I wasn't sure where the plot was going. I guess the end of the book kind of cleared this up a little, but I feel like there could have been a lot more of a plot. The book got super intense near the end and left it in a great place for a sequel.

I loved the writing and the setting. Tucholke painted some wonderful images in my head while I was reading.

I would not suggest this book for people who get frightened easily, because this is pretty creepy and twisted in some parts.

CHARACTERS: Violet was an okay character. Nothing spectacular, but she wasn't awful either. Violet's neighbor Sunshine felt a little pointless to the story. I didn't really care about her, even when things were happening to her. And River was just creepy throughout the whole book.

COVER: Gorgeous! It definitely sets the feel for the creepiness of the book. The font on the cover is awesome as well.

**I received a finished copy of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.