xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Mothership

Mothership - Martin Leicht, Isla Neal OVERALL IMPRESSION: The book didn't pull me in as much as I wanted it to. I really like the idea of the story, as there aren't many YA books about aliens out on the market, but I had a hard time connecting with the plot and the characters. There is a little bit of humor added throughout the book which lightens the mood a little bit and the chapter titles are pretty entertaining.

The ending -- AHH! I immedieatly checked online to see if/when the sequel is coming out. Good news -- there is a sequal, but no word that I could find on when it is coming out. I was leaning towards a 2.5/5 stars for this book, but the ending made me bump it up to 3 stars. I can't wait to see where the authors are going to go with the story.

CHARACTERS: I didn't really feel a connection with any of the characters in the book. I feel like I didn't get to learn enough about them. I guess my favorite would be Ducky. He is Elvie's (the main character) best friend. He truely seems to care about Elvie and wants to protect her. Cole is the father of Elvie's baby. I didn't see the appeal that he had over Elvie. I just didn't care baout him. He tries to be sweet, but I don't see how any of the choices he makes are okay in Elvie's eyes.

COVER: I love it! It doesn't get better than pink and purple! It's super vibrant and girly.

*I received a copy of this book from Amazon Vine for review.