xxsquigglesxx

Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

On the Bright Side

On the Bright Side - S.R. Johannes 3.5/5 stars

MEMORABLE QUOTE: "The only physical sensation we have comes through the pain of our loved ones. At least until our transfer is complete." (p. 9)

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This is an all around good, cute, fun book. I really enjoyed reading it. I was very amused by the play on words that Johannes uses throughout this book. Just a few examples of some are the Amen Marcus, SKYber safety and SKYbrid. I kept waiting to see what other words she came up with. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a cute, light, quick read.

I ran into just a couple of grammer mistakes, but they were very minor and did not affect the story in any way.

CHARACTERS: The main character Gabby is very relateable. She seems like your typical teenager - just trying to survive high school (and later, the afterlife); there's the best friend (Jessica), the crush (Michael) and the archenemy (Angela). Jessica is my favorite character. She is fun, clumsy and is always willing to help out Gabby.

COVER: The cover is adorable. The girl on the cover (who I am assuming is Gabby) looks like your regular every day kid. I love how she is floating above the ground and I love the tie in of the pink converse she is wearing.