xxsquigglesxx

Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Masque of the Red Death

Masque of the Red Death - Bethany Griffin 3.5/5

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I haven't read the original Masque of the Red Death by Poe, but I did read the plot on Wikiepedia so I'm a little familiar with the story. I can definitely see how this book by Griffin was inspired from Poe's version and I would like to read the original one day soon.

I would say this is a solid book the whole way through. I enjoyed reading it. I felt like I was in the world as everything was unfolding, so much so that I wondering if I should be wearing a mask while I was reading. The ending was intense and exciting and I cannot wait to see what is going to happen in the next book.

CHARACTERS: Let's start off by saying that I am team Will. I felt a little creeped out by Elliot, and I think Araby and Will would make a better couple.

I'm a little bit uneasy about the relationships between all of the characters at the end of the book. I want to see how the relationships will unfold in the next book and see what will happen between certain people.

COVER: I love the cover. It's haunting and creepy and just awesome.