xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Rae of Hope

Rae of Hope - W.J. May OVERALL IMPRESSION: I am in love with this book. From the very beginning I was sucked in and wanted to keep reading more. I was in a bit of a reading funk and this book pulled me back out of it. The story is exciting and interesting, and made me insistent on reading whenever I had the time so I could find out what was coming next in the story. I really enjoyed the twist in the story towards the back half of the book and the ending was just perfect. I can't wait for the next book.

I did find quite a few typos throughout the book, but nothing major and nothing that affected the story.

I also wish that this was an illustrated book so I could see all of the tatus. I think that would make a great addition to the series.

CHARACTERS: There are so many likeable characters in this book. Rae (the main character) is very relatable. She is a strong female, but she has insecurities about fitting in. Rae's crush (Devon) is also a great character. He sounds dreamy, for lack of a better word. My favorite character in the book has to be Molly. Molly is Rae's room. She has such a strong personality; she's a bubbly, fun person. I want to know more about the character of Argyle (Rae's uncle), and I am hoping that we will learn a little bit more about him in the next book.

COVER: I like it. I like the glimpse we get of the school; it helps to make a picture in my mind of the setting. You can also tell by the look on the girl's face that she means business and she is going to get to the bottom of what is going on.