xxsquigglesxx

Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Every Other Day

Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes 3.5/5

OVERALL IMPRESSION: At the beginning of the book I felt like this was a book that I was not going to enjoy. I knew what had happened to Bethany and Kali, but I didn't know why--but I guess if I knew why, there'd be no story line. I was also bothered by the fact that Kali didn't seem to have a plan about the situation. I just felt like I didn't know where the story was trying to go.

Everything changed for me at chapter 24. We find out some important information that sucked me back into the book. Especially towards the end, it got a lot more action packed and I felt like there was more of a story for me to follow.

CHARACTERS: At the beginning of the book, I didn't really care about any of the characters. I felt like I couldn't relate to them because I didn't know anything about them, their values, beliefs, likes/dislikes, interests. As the story progressed though, I started to get more attached to the characters. My two favorite characters were Skylar and Zev. Skylar proclaims herself as being "a little bit psyic" and it was fun to watch that unfold and try to figure out if it is true or not. I wanted to know more about Zev. We aren't told a lot about him and I am really interested to know more about his life and why he is the way he is.

COVER: Love it. I love the dark background with the pop of red and I love the flowered vine in the back.