xxsquigglesxx

Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Lies Beneath

Lies Beneath - Anne Greenwood Brown 3.5/5

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I liked the story line. I would have liked to hear a little more about the legends that thad been passed thorough the town though. I'm really interested in legends that seem to make their way through small towns and I would have liked to see the comparison of those legends versus the truth of this book. The ending of the story was brilliant - I was not expecting what happened.

CHARACTERS: I didn't feel a huge connection to any of the characters. I thought Sophie was cute and sweet, but I didn't feel like I knew enough about any of the characters. I almost felt a bond with Calder, but it wasn't quite there.

I would have loved to know more about Lily's mother and what she was dealing with.

COVER: I like the cover, but I'm still confused as to why there is a female mermaid on the cover when the main character is a male. Maybe it is supposed to be one of Calder's sisters, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

*I received an ARC copy of this book through Amazon Vine for review.