xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Hooked

Hooked - Catherine Greenman OVERALL IMPRESSION: I had really high hopes for this book and I was pretty disappointed. I really like reading stories about teenage pregnancy and I was hoping this would be a great read, but it fell flat. I found Thea and Will's first date extremely weird. Neither seemed the least bit nervous and they were both blatantly asking and answering personal questions like it was completely normal. It seemed to me like their relationship just kind of fell together instead of developing. I was confused for a lot of the book. To me it felt like it jumped around too much and was hard to me to follow sometimes. It also seemed like the book moved really slow. It took forever for Thea to get pregnant, and I was very impatient waiting for it to happen. The back cover summary made it completely obvious that Thea was going to get pregnant, and I felt like the book was dragging along because I already knew it was going happen and I was just waiting for it.

CHARACTERS: I didn't really get attached to any of the characters in the book. I just felt like once the story was over, I didn't really care about any of them. I couldn't stand Thea's parents at all. I understand how they would be upset with their daughter for getting pregnant, but they were just downright mean to her, even before she got pregnant. They were awful and supportive of her.

COVER: I like the cover of this one. Right off the bat it lets you know this will be a book about someone's pregnancy, and I really like it when book covers tie into the book.