xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal - Leah Clifford OVERALL IMPRESSION: I really wanted to like this book. And it almost had me. But there was just some things about it that I don't believe were up to par all the way. First of all, I was very confused in the beginning of the book. I didn't understand what all of the characters were and exactly what they could do. I'm still not really sure about that. Also, I feel like the plot was a little lacking. I didn't understand what the plot was supposed to be about really. It didn't seem like there was a direction. I was left with some questions such as where is the story line going? What are they hiding from? What is the goal of any of the groups in the story. I just didn't understand what I was supposed to get out of the book. Now, all of that being said, I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. They were very exciting and it seemed like a small plot took place. I don't want to get too much into the story because I don't want to give anything away, but some characters were trying to save another character and it gave the book a little bit of somewhere to go. In other words, at the end of the book, there was a conflict and a resolution.

The book was left in a way that makes me believe there will be a sequel, and I am interesting in reading that, to see if the author uses what happened at the end of the story to create another book that has a little more depth to it and a more prominent direction.

CHARACTERS: I enjoyed all of the characters in this book. They all had their own personalities and it seemed like they were well rounded.

COVER: Great cover. I love the dark feel of it and the tagline on it fits the story perfectly (She's been betrayed by life, by love, and by death.

*I received a copy of this book from the Amazon Vine program for review.