xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Blood Magic

Blood Magic - Tessa Gratton OVERALL IMPRESSION: Loved it! This book was wonderful. It was so riveting, I had to keep reading and see how the story would play out. The end of the book was so exciting. I felt like I was in the story running around the woods with the characters. I was completely caught up in the moment of the story as if I was a part of it. I do have to say that this story is not for those with weak stomachs and it may also not be the best story for animal lovers. I am an animal lover and there were 2 scenes in the book where I had to read fast and keep reminding myself that it is just a story.

CHARACTERS: In the beginning of the book I did not like Nick. He was extremely rude to his classmates, but as the book progressed, he became more likeable in my eyes. My favorite character in the book was Reese, Silla's brother. He was very kind, caring and protective. He was basically what you would expect an older brother to be, and he was very good at being an older brother. Another character I really enjoyed was Mary (whom Nick calls 'Lilith'). I wish there was a little more of her in the story. I wanted to know more about her and her relationship with Nick's father, and how she came to be a part of their family.

COVER: I love this cover. Dark covers appeal to me and I love how this cover is dark with pops of bright 'blood' red.