xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Eye Contact

Eye Contact - Cammie McGovern INSIDE COVER BLURB: As children wage mock battles in the playground of Woodside Elementary School, two students, a little girl and boy, seem to vanish, last seen heading across the soccer field toward the woods behind the school. Hours pass and then only one of them, Adam, a nine-year-old boy with autism, is found alive, the sole witness to an incomprehensible killing. Barely verbal on the best of days, Adam has retreated into a silent world that Cara, his mother, knows only too well. With her community in shock and her son unable to help with the police investigation, Cara tries to decode the puzzling events.

When another child goes missing, Adam's mother realizes that only she can unlock her son's silence and interpret the changes in Adam's behavior not only to help him through the trauma, but also to help the police catch a killer. And as she moves closer to exposing the truth, her unsettling past begins to emerge from the shadows. In her desperate desire to protect her child from real life, has she made his world a more dangerous place?

A thrilling novel of psychological suspense and a gripping tale of a crime that strikes at the core of a small community, Cammie McGovern's heartrending novel is, above all, the powerful story of the tender and complex bond between a mother and her young son.

MY REVIEW: I had never heard of this book or this author before, but stumbled upon the book at a bookstore in the bargain bin, and I'm really glad that I found it. The book was suspenseful the whole way through. I found myself wondering throughout the whole book if anyone was ever going to be able to get Adam, who is autistic, to tell what happened that day in the woods. I would definitely recommend this one to everyone.