xxsquigglesxx

Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor Check out this review on my blog: Here

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Amazing! That's the best word to describe this book. It's fun, exciting, fast paced and all around a wonderful read. The writing in this book is magical. Taylor has a way of describing things that puts you into her world. Here's a quote that I fell in love with near the beginning of the book:

"She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil's lair. She wasn't innocent now, but she didn't know what to do about it. This was her life: magic and shame and secrets and teeth and a deep, nagging hollow at the center of herself where something was most certainly missing." (page 45).

I have a love-hate relationship with the ending of this book. It was so good, but I need to know what's going to happen next, right now! I can't wait for the next book!

CHARACTERS: The story is set in Prague, so the names of the characters are not names I am used to hearing, so it took me a minute to get used to that, but it wasn't a huge deal. Karou just seems like an ordinary girl. She's trying to figure herself out and learn where she came from. She's very fun and is someone I would love to be around. My favorite character in this book is Zuzana - Karou's best friend. She's cute and sweet and very loyal to Karou. I would have liked to have more of her in the book. Akiva is also a good character, but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll let you find out why on your own.

COVER: Just like the book -- amazing! I love the vibrant blue color and I love how the mask ties in with the masquerade party that occurs in the story.