xxsquigglesxx

Rebecca Lowman, Rainbow Rowell
Dorothy Must Die
Danielle Paige

Great

Great - Sara Benincasa OVERALL IMPRESSION: I heard that this was a retelling of The Great Gatsby. It's been a really long time since I read The Great Gatsby (back in high school), but I saw the newest movie somewhat recently, so that's what I was remembering when I was coming the stories. I definitely see the parallels between the two, but the author put her own spin on it.

Overall, this was a good book, but not spectacular. The first half of the book was pretty slow moving and I was wondering if the story was every going to go anywhere. But it does pick up during the second half as things finally start to happen.

CHARACTERS: I had a really hard time actually caring about any of the characters in this book. I'm not sure why, I just felt like they all made really dumb decisions and didn't really act in the best interest of anyone, including themselves. The character that I liked the most was Jacinta. She seemed like she was sweet and was genuinely interested in other people and how they were doing.

COVER: I'm drawn to the cover. I don't normally like covers with faces on them, but for some reason this one caught my attention. Maybe it's because the girl looks like Taylor Swift. I also really love the title font.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.